Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Bottoms Up!

Portland, OR Photographer

If you follow me on social media, you may have noticed that Nabil and I got the opportunity to go to a food tasting at the Heathman Hotel this week. I'm not quite sure how all this happened, but a few weeks ago I got a message from someone who works at the Heathman Hotel in Portland. She mentioned that she had read my blog (to which I gave a big screachhh on the inside), and then she invited me to the Heathman's Restaurant and Bar for an exclusive tasting. Free drinks and hors d'oeuvres? Count me in! I think it took me all of ten seconds to reply back with an emphatic "heck, yes!"

Portland, OR Photographer

Portland, OR Photographer

Portland, OR Photographer

So here's the scoop. Kathy Casey and Michael Staton have created a new drink and food menu for the Heathman Restaurant and Bar. We were invited for a meet and great and to taste the new menu. It was all delish, but my favorite was The Providence (below, left). Those little fire sticks are actually an edible plant that tastes vaguely like asparagus.

Portland, OR Photographer

Portland, OR Photographer

Here's a little taste of the drink menu:
Luxury Spiced Vermouth Manhattan - rye, house-spice infused red vermouth, Liquid Kitchen Golden Era Bitters; stirred and served up with a spirited cherry & 23K gold flakes
Signature Tea Court Lounge Punch - rum, Cognac, pomegranate, guava, orange & lemon juices, Fonte Earl Grey Tea Spiced Syrup, Angostura Foam (with an individual tea pot service)
Vineyard MargaritaReposado Tequila, Combier d’Orange, fresh lime, organic agave nectar, fresh rosemary, topped with a float of Willamette Valley pinot noir 
Northwest Grapefruit Negroni - house-bottled local gin, Carpano Antica, Campari, Combier Pomplemousse 
Oregon Berries & Bubbles - local vodka, Oregon raspberry puree lemon elixir, Argyle sparkling 



Portland, OR Photographer

Portland, OR Photographer

Portland, OR Photographer

Portland, OR Event Photographer

Portland, OR Photographer

Portland, OR Event Photographer

Portland, OR Photographer

Portland, OR Photographer

All the invitees even got a cute little gift basket with some stir sticks and a DIY spiced, red vermouth ball. How fun is that?! Martinis at the Zerizefs' anyone?

Portland, OR Photographer

Thanks again for the invite and for showing us a good time Portland Heathman Hotel. We had a great time.

Until next time...

8 comments:

  1. Great photos! I browsed your blog a bit...you're pretty talented! It was great meeting you at The Heathman, Cheers, Tiffany
    www.thymeoftaste.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiffany! It was great to meet you and your hubby at the event. I checked out your site too and love it! Makes me salivate at my desk though...

    Hopefully we will run into each other again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the cocktails. Love the photos and great post! Thank you!

    Kathy Casey
    www.LiquidKitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! We had a great time, and we will be back for more. ;)

      Delete
  4. Fun photos. I was at the event too- bummed we didn't get a chance to meet. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aubrie. It was a fun event!

      And yes, I hope we can meet next time. I'd love to have the chance to chat :)

      Delete
  5. I am very happy to discover your post as it will become on top in my collection of favorite blogs to visit.
    The Atunbi Experience

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. preschool photography

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...